#allthefeels during Wedding Week


It's the last Wedding Wednesday before MY wedding.  I've planned dozens.  I've gone through every step of this process over and over again.  I've also seen bride after bride go through "Wedding Week" and for a bride, that means high emotions.  It is FOR SURE where the term "Bridezilla" came from!  But warning: NEVER ever ever ever ever call a bride a Bridezilla. Seriously, never ever.  Terrible terrible mistake.

Emotions are level 10 the week prior to the wedding.  You're not mad, you're throwing chairs and flipping tables.  You're not sad, you're bawling like you just watched The Notebook for the first time.  You're not happy, your heart is about to burst.  Every. Emotion. LEVEL 10.

I also know that this will go away probably by tomorrow.  In the day or two before the wedding, brides are typically pretty zen.  My nerves will settle, everything will be finished.  I won't be waking up in the middle of the night in sheer panic that I'll forget the wedding rings.  I'll just be a barrel of butterflies anxiously waiting to FINALLY be Mrs. Howard.  All I'll have to stress about will be not tripping down the aisle, as I walk to the love of my life.

Robby,
You have made me so happy.  It feels like my soul has found who it has been looking for.  I imagine living in such a small world in such a short proximity to each other, we probably ALMOST met a million times.  We probably crossed paths or exchanged glances without even realizing it.  But, as fate would have it, those that are meant to be with each other, are always together in the end.

Sure, I won't sugar coat it.  I could have lived without some of the drama and chaos.  But truly, it was a small price to pay for the countless days full of laughter.  Nights full of cuddles.  Mornings full of giggles.  Days full of sweet words.  Celebrations for every occasion.  Being your partner, being your friend, being your wife, and being the step-mother to your children, has filled my life.  My cup really is running over.

I hope with the vows I will say to you on Saturday, you feel how much I love you, and that you'll cherish it in your heart forever.  Thank you for choosing me to be your wife.  For reassuring me when I'm low.  For reminding me always how much you love me.  For being a wonderful step-father to my daughter.  THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart, for the wonderful and long future I know we will have together.

I can't wait to celebrate with you.

I love you.

xo-Ava - your almost wife.

Comments