My Photography Journey - an update


Y'all.  But for real.  Y'ALL!  You all have been so unbelievably supportive of me and this journey!  I could never say thank you enough to all the people that support me in all the crazy things I decide to do.

Within hours of posting that I wanted to book 10 free sessions, those sessions were filled!  THANK YOU to all 10 of you who blindly trusted me with your time, families, and special moments.  Hopefully you all get way more than what you paid for =).

I've also booked a handful of paid jobs!  WOOHOO!  I honestly did not know what to expect as far as when I would be legitimately hired - but I am so very grateful.  God takes care of me. =).

With each session I learn something new, find something to tweak, and get more comftorable in my personal style and workflow.  I'm proud of myself - and that is a good feeling!

I started out with the intentions of becoming a Wedding Photographer and still very much want to continue down that path, because as you know if you've read any portion of this blog, I LOVE WEDDINGS!  But I've quickly discovered how much I like shooting portraits and family sessoins as well.  Capturing someone's beauty in an honest, vulnerable moment in front of a camera is really special to me.  Capturing the essence of a child or the interactions of a family with one another - it pulls right on my heart strings.

Right now I'm booking headshots at $50 a head, mini sessions at $75, and regular sessions at $150.  My wedding packages start at $600 - and these prices are for a limited time.  Newbie prices, y'all =).  And I can definitely send you more information if you'd like.  Just email me! 

And this post isn't to shamelessly plug myself - but mostly just to keep anyone interested in my journey up to date on my progress.  The outpouring of love I've felt means the world.  And if you want someone to shoot you or your family or your special event, hire me.  Hire me because capturing these moments are special to me.  Seeing your inner beauty shine from the inside out is special to me.  This entire journey is so very special to me.

Thank you again for your love, support and kindness.  Let's see where else this journey takes me!

xo-Ava


Comments