Happy Birthday Baby


Happy Birthday to my sweet, beautiful, full-of-life daughter.

You came into my world and flipped it upside down. The moment I laid eyes on you, I was full of the most overwhelming excitement I could have never imagined. Every emotion filled every inch of me.

Since then, you've seen me low, and you've seen me high.  You cried when I tried on my wedding dress because I looked so beautiful.  Then you thanked the woman who made my dress and the two of you sat on the floor of the boutique while you hugged her and told her she did such a good job.

Every night we sing songs, and more often than not we hit the big high note at the end.  And lately, you've been asking me to sleep with you, which melts me. The only rule when I do lay with you, is I can't lay on Mickey Mouse. Minnie is fine, but you'll promptly kick me out of your bed if I touch Mickey. We also say our prayers every night, and every night you thank the Lord for your "Granny, Lou Lou and Harrison."

You like to see how things work, dress up, wear hats, sing, draw, put stickers on everything, sword fight, and pull out every single toy.  You hate cleaning up, more than anything, and will fake a broken leg in order to not have to put up even a single item.  You also hate green things on your food, and when I don't share my meal with you, even if you  have a plate full of your own food.

Our favorite thing to do together is sit on the couch and watch TV. Or, lay in my bed. We're so lazy. Don't forget the snacks. Milk + Cookies or Chips + Salsa is our favorite.  We've watched every episode of Gilmore Girls and my diary knows that my life goal is to have that kind of relationship with you.  Seems we're off to an OK start.

I love how friendly you are, and how you'll talk to anyone. Sometimes you're a bit too friendly and it freaks me out.  Like when you sit on strangers laps. Or put an old lady's necklace in your mouth at the pool. Or when you go with with a different family at Cracker Barrell and start eating their food.  I've had to make it a rule you can't talk to adults, at all, unless you ask me first.

You're as tough as you are outgoing, and I like that about you, too.  You're much braver than I am, and will probably be a thrill-seeker and scare me half to death. People often describe you as a pistol, a firecracker, or full-of-yourself. I like all of those. Never change. 

Happy Birthday, my little love. I cherish every day getting to be your mama. I'm excited for every day here after. I love you.


xo-Mommy

Comments