Happy 5th of July, Boo Thang!

Happy 5th of July to my hottie hubby! 


Two years ago today, after a full month of talking all day every day, me and my boo thang finally had our first date.  We met on Match.com, and the connection was almost instant. We VERY quickly began texting/talking literally all day long. We couldn't go more than an hour without wanting to say, hi.

Both of us had children, so dating was something we took very seriously. We both wanted to be sure we really liked the other person before wasting our time. So, on July 5th, after 12 outfit changes, and a few pep talks from my friends to help with the belly full of butterflies, I headed down to meet my Robby.

Now, let me say, I wasn't completely sold before I met him. About a week before our date, he sent me a photo of himself wearing a fedora and a tuxedo tshirt. I wanted to laugh, but how was I to know if that was his serious "I'm so sexy" outfit?! There was a BIG part of me that was nervous I'd show up and he'd have on that exact same thing, be a TOTAL creeper, and the boy I'd built up in my mind wouldn't exist at all!  My friends knew the code word - fedora - and if I text that to them, they had to come pick me up ASAP.

Luckily, that pic was just of him in a costume, and his real life attire was totally normal. Phew.

At the end of the date, we got pulled over for a license check, and in SC they don't breathalyze you, you just have to pass a field sobriety test - a test that our completely sober driver nervously FAILED! So while they took him to the station to take a breathalyzer (that he passed with flying colors) we waited on the side of the road with South Carolina's finest for HOURS! The cop asked me out, Robby was mortified, and it's a true miracle we ever went out again!

But we did. And on date 2, he came over with a movie and a box of Cap'n Crunch Cereal and I immediately began writing marriage vows in my head.

From July 5th on, we never looked back. We've had our bumps in the road like any other couple, especially any other couple blending families, but the journey I've started with this husband of mine is one I wouldn't trade for the world.

Cheers to my favorite day of the year.


xo-Ava


Comments