Happy New Year : 2018

I'm a big fan of New Year's Resolutions.  I've never been the kind of girl that can just blow wherever the wind takes me.  I'm a planner.  I wish I could be more of that easy-livin' kind of gal sometimes, but at my core, I'm just not.  Have you seen my day planner?  It's the size of an encyclopedia!

Every year I don't make 1 resolution - I make pages and pages full.  It gives me goals for the year and something to be working towards.  It gives me a measurable to score myself by one year later.

Does that make me sound nuts? -- the answer is absolutely -- YES! 

2017 laughed hard at my ridiculously lengthy list of aspirations and threw curve balls at me left and right.  Some of which I'm definitely still working through.  Of the 21 goals I set, I hit 6. I worked towards all of them, but only accomplished a few.  I'm definitely proud of those 6, but it's crazy to reflect on what actually happened this year vs what I had planned for!

God always has his own plan.

In 2018 I will certainly make resolutions, but I won't make as many.  I won't overload myself and try to live up to some ridiculous standard.  I'll say 'no' more.  Relax more.  I'm going to narrow down my goals to the most meaningful and I'm going to trust in God that what needs accomplished will get accomplished.

One of the best things that I've ever jumped into has been photography.  What a light it has been in my life!  I decided to compile 1 photo from just about every session I've done this year and put them together in this quick little video.  Reflecting back on this year gives me all the feels!  Take a look at this short video - you may just see your face!

Cheers to you and your goals, and here's hoping we all work towards being the best versions of ourselves in 2018!
Happy New Year!

xo-Ava









Comments