Never Have I Ever

This time next week I'll be on a boat in the Caribbean. Not only have I never been on a cruise, but I've never been on a week-long vacation.

It's no secret that we couldn't afford vacations when I was growing up. I was fortunate enough to have a mom that stayed home with us, and we were able to pay to play every sport under the sun, and that didn't leave a lot of extra money for vacations.

We did however have 1 weekend beach trip when I was 8. It was a blast. It was also the only family vacation we ever took! Unless of course you count the cheerleading competitions in Virginia, Raleigh, or even the one we got to go to in Disney! #heymickey

In high-school, I had a bestie with a beach-house, so we took many-a weekend trips there, especially over senior week. And in college, I worked full-time, so a week off for Spring Break was hard. But, I had a bomb group of sorority sisters that I could travel to Panama City or Miami with for a few days over that week. It didn't hurt that my birthday always fell over this week, too! Who else can say they turned 21 on spring break? So fun!

Then there was my amazing honeymoon last year. We went to Miami for a couple of nights, before heading to Argentina for a trip I won through work! It was an amazing few days, and definitely the longest and absolute best trip I'd ever taken.

I've had some great trips, with some great people. This cruise however, will go down in history as my very first, full-week, no-stress, no-obligations VACATION! It took over 2 years to save for this cruise and lots of planning, so I'm going to enjoy every. single. minute. 

What have you never done but have on your goal list this year? 

Cheers to life-long memories, y'all!  Pictures coming as soon as we're home!


xo-Ava

Comments