Married Life - The Good and the Bad


It's been a while since I wrote a personal post, and figured it's time. I've been blessed these past couple of months with tons of shoots - and my heart could just burst over it.

This post, however, has NOTHING to do with photography. It has to do with marriage.

Over these last few months, that handsome devil in the pic and me, plus our kiddos, have been stuffed in a VERY small apartment while we are building our house.

To say stresses have been high worrying about money, living on top of each other in an old, funky, not glamorous apartment - would be an understatement.

Let me say - I love my husband, so very much, and truly believe deep down in my soul that God made him just for me.

But let me also say - marriage ain't always easy.

For example....
Marriage means asking your husband to do something, him saying yes, then two weeks later he never did. So, you either become the 'nag' hounding him to do it, you do it yourself and become 'bitter' he didn't handle it, or he just outright believes he was never asked to begin with.

Marriage means you can't leave when your husband or wife is cranky, and annoying, and sick, or smelly, or lazy, or just plain ole being an ass.

Marriage means SOMEONE has to clean the bathroom and no one wants to be 'it'.

Marriage means dealing with the way someone else folds their towels.

Marriage means not always craving the same food on the same nights. 

Marriage means you may never have another night alone to binge watch Gilmore Girls and eat 4 different kinds of take-out food in your ugly sweats.

Granted - I do that last thing anyways - he just gets annoyed about it.  Again, marriage isn't easy ;).

But, marriage also means having someone to snuggle on the couch with on Friday nights.

Marriage means having someone to pick up your packages from your apartment office.

Marriage means having someone to clean after you cook.

Marriage means inside jokes and Sunday morning giggles.

Marriage means a partner to plan your future with, and to help contribute to your beach house savings fund =).

I have a pretty wonderful husband, y'all. Even when we're stressed, and even on his cranky, smelly or annoying days. =)

xo-Ava

Comments